Tuesday, May 5

Experiment Results, not pretty...

I fired the flamingo experiment last night, and it doesn't work. The floral wire turned black, and the filgree bead base not only turned black, but one totally disentegrated.

So now we know...the armature has to be a wire made for high temperatures in order to work. These pieces were in a little box I built just for them, so they didn't ruin anything else in the kiln. Good thing!

The next post will be more cheerful, with pretty pictures ♥

Off to glaze today...

2 comments:

hannajaleijona said...

Oops, maybe not pretty, but I think they look interesting in their sort of decayed state. Especially the one on the right, kind of a weird ancient flamingo-relic.

De said...

I just think they look "antiqued". There's an award for you over on my blog. Stop by and pick it up.
:0)