I have to stand up and be counted on this one! How true it is....
Hiya! I'm doing shop maint. but my friend carrymeaway just sent me this and I HAD to share!!!
To all addicted fellow etsians:With the help of other members of our terribly sick etsian community, we have come up with 12 steps to recovery.
1.We Etsians admitted we were powerless over the Etsy addicion that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. We Etsians have come to believe that a power greater than us could restore our sanity (a new search system???). Admitted to ourselves and to another human being that we were spending much more time on the forums than was good for our sanity or our craft.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of our craft again as we understood it.
4. We as Etsy users/seller/buyers realize that etsy forums/chats do not take the place of a REAL social life....
5. Admitted to Etsy, to ourselves and to other Etsians the exact nature of Etsy's wrongs. IE: Bugs section of the Forums
6. We Etsians humbly asked our family and friends to remove our laptops and computers away from us and return us to our work table
7. We Etsians admit that meals, social events, and household chores should not be dependent entirely on the Treasury schedule.
8. Humbly asked Rob White to remove our unkind forum posts before any buyers could see it and put us on the do not buy from list.
9. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, all the meals we didn't make, all the phone calls we didn't take, all the cleaning we didn't do and became willing to make amends to them all.
10. Made a searching and fearless inventory of how much time we were spending on the forums vs. time spent on our craft.
11. Sought through our family and friends to improve our conscious contact with the outside and real world, as we understood it. Hoping that we have the power to stay away from the forums, chats, shops and treasury.
12. Having had a crafting awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other craft addicts, and to practice these crafty principles in all our affairs
Posted at 1:41 pm, September 23 2008 EST