Thursday, March 31

Some Miniature Pottery Work in Progress

Today I decided to show a few pictures on the process of making miniature pottery items. The first picture is of some of my frequently used tools and some pieces in their first stage of "raw" clay blanks and the begining sculpting.






Next is glazing day. I decide how I want to glaze each piece first, then make a page with drawings and which glaze is going to be used, which order of the different color glaze coats, or other particulars. This way, I have a record of what I did when something turns out fantastic, or the other way too, if it wasn't so good, I know not to repeat the same glaze combination.






This third picture is a mix of pieces. Some are still in their bisque stage (after the first firing but before the glaze), and some are now finished.






The last picture is some upcycling going on. These rabbits were made in Peru as beads. I am altering them to make them into miniature sculpture rabbits in honor of the Year of the Rabbit. Just a fun idea, it amuses me :)


3 comments:

dalesdreams said...

I love your work. Thanks for sharing a bit of the process. :)

Ascension said...

Me ha encantado ver el paso a paso de esas fantasticas piezas.
Los conejitos es una buena idea.
besitos ascension

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

I'm so glad to have found your blog! I love, love your miniature artwork!!

I can't find a followers list (maybe blogger is playing games again) so I'm following with googlereader.